Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LiiDsz

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok so I just brought a used 29g biocube included was a protein skimmer uv sterilizer power head light bioballs extra carbon and extra filters live sand and live rock. I work in the fish dept at a pet store but when I started I've learned everything as I continued employment. I know how to maintain a saltwater tank but starting one up on my own is a lil more tricky. So far I have my live rock at work in a saltwater tank just to maintain it since I emptied the tank and threw out the sand ( I didn't want used sand ) my ideal tank that I'm tryin to start is I guess a reef tank. I def want a flaming angel an a type of butterfly fish I couple anemones some coral a ocarlis clown fish ( preferably 1 or 2 ) some mushroom and a some type of blenny groupie or gramma if not one of each...

1st question is Bio balls or no bioballs? I still have the used ones I rinse them off but should I even buy new ones or just not use them at all?

Cycling- I def want to start up as soon as possible with cycling I'm not in a hurry with fish. I have already premixed sw from work or I can get OR water from work which is easier and better?

Cycling - I have live rock I want to cycle with and I want to get some tanga branches and occasionally throw in some frozen shrimp just to produce some bacteria rather then using a damsel ( being that it's an aggressive lil bastard ).

But as far as that I do need some advice am I going about my plan the wrong way is their an easier way should I think of a different filtration method please help I'm all ears ! Thank you in advance

Back
Top Bottom