Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 06-12-2013, 11:16 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Ok so I just brought a used 29g biocube included was a protein skimmer uv sterilizer power head light bioballs extra carbon and extra filters live sand and live rock. I work in the fish dept at a pet store but when I started I've learned everything as I continued employment. I know how to maintain a saltwater tank but starting one up on my own is a lil more tricky. So far I have my live rock at work in a saltwater tank just to maintain it since I emptied the tank and threw out the sand ( I didn't want used sand ) my ideal tank that I'm tryin to start is I guess a reef tank. I def want a flaming angel an a type of butterfly fish I couple anemones some coral a ocarlis clown fish ( preferably 1 or 2 ) some mushroom and a some type of blenny groupie or gramma if not one of each...

1st question is Bio balls or no bioballs? I still have the used ones I rinse them off but should I even buy new ones or just not use them at all?

Cycling- I def want to start up as soon as possible with cycling I'm not in a hurry with fish. I have already premixed sw from work or I can get OR water from work which is easier and better?

Cycling - I have live rock I want to cycle with and I want to get some tanga branches and occasionally throw in some frozen shrimp just to produce some bacteria rather then using a damsel ( being that it's an aggressive lil bastard ).

But as far as that I do need some advice am I going about my plan the wrong way is their an easier way should I think of a different filtration method please help I'm all ears ! Thank you in advance
LiiDsz is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com