Help a wannabe reef beginner!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FWFishTanks

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am now starting an art project and its about a coral reef. Now after looking at the fish and coral, and I want a reef! The owner of a local reef store suggested I get a biocube 29 gallon to start He said i can grow most corals with the stock light. Is this a good choice to buy? Also, would i need to buy an rodi water purifier? I have been a "freshy" for about 4 years so I have general fish knowledge.

The 29 gallon biocube is a great choice.

I would recommend looking into an RODI system, as it is kind of a pain having to go to your LFS to get water. You can find them used on ebay, or there are some great choices at bulk reef supply.

I agree with the biocube 29 being a good choice and it will let you keep most beginner corals. Including softies and all lps. You can also get the hqi which comes with a metal halide and would allow you to keep sps.
The bulkreefsupply units are A+ IMO and not really that much $$. A good test kit goes a long way as well, such as Red Sea, salifert, or elos

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Sorry for not replying sooner, I was out and about. As for stock could I put in a occelaris clownfish, a flame goby, and a yellow watchman in this tank with the stock filtration? And can anyone list types of corals I could get?

I think you'd be fine with that fish selection. I'd definitely look into a pistol shrimp to go with the goby. They are my most favorite pair in my tank.

You'd be fine with softies and LPS corals in that tank with the stock lights. Lots of great possibilities!

I think you'd be fine with that fish selection. I'd definitely look into a pistol shrimp to go with the goby. They are my most favorite pair in my tank.

You'd be fine with softies and LPS corals in that tank with the stock lights. Lots of great possibilities!

Sounds good! :ROFLMAO: I think I will eventually get a 29 bio cube with the above stock and some inverts. So excited!

Back
Top Bottom