The sand was "live sand" and with the ph's on that side of the tank I finally got them to stop blowing the sand around and the current continually sweeps the crap straight up to my overflow.
also with the ph's on that side I have a strong flow on the right and a medium to low flow on the left and as far as I can tell I have no dead spots.
the seaweed on the far left has a great back and forth sway to it and so does my frogspawn.
during about the 3rd week of my cycle I had a pretty bad diatoms outbreak and I just did what everyone adviced and turned the lights out and it went away.
When I do my pwc
tomorrow I will take all new readings again in the tank and the new batch of water and let ya'll know.