help attaching kenya tree

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kwandrsn

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok I traded 2 pulsating xenia heads for 2 small branches that fell off a friend of mines kenya tree coral

He tried to glue them... No luck
I tried to glue them... No luck

I took a small container with sand in it and placed it in the bottom of my tank and they tried to blow out.

I put a plastic mesh on top with a rubber band. Do I need to bury the base in the sand or what? Or just let them be and wait. Also how long will it take before I can glue to a rock or plug?

I just jam mine between two rocks with no so much flow. They honestly stick pretty quickly. Mine is all over my tank now. Ugh. You can rubber and it to a rock as well. Might not stick to the sand.

take a piece of rubble and wrap it around with fishing line than wrap the fishing line around the base of the Kenya tree it will attach itself over time and will grow over the fishing line over time
so theres no need to remove it

take a piece of rubble and wrap it around with fishing line than wrap the fishing line around the base of the Kenya tree it will attach itself over time and will grow over the fishing line over time
so theres no need to remove it

I've got a rock I want it on do I lay the pieces on their side so I can wrap the line?

I'm just a little confused on how to attach it. What I think you are saying is lay the Kenya tree branch on its side on the rock and wrap a piece of line around it.

But don't I have to have the base touching what I want it to attach too?

And also I don't have fishing line would thread work? And how tight do you tie it. I know it swells up and won't that cut it?

And also I don't have fishing line would thread work?

yes a white thread would work fine just nothing with dye in it
you just wrap the very bottom of the base about 1/4 inch
that way when it's in your tank it will stand straight after it gets accustom to the light its easy (y)

So it will straighten up even though its laying on its side?

they both are very tiny pieces that broke off a fiends coral

I know I have black thread I'll have to see about white

just the very bottom of the stem so the water and light can help it upright itself
it will take about 2/3 weeks to fully attach to a rock

Ok cool thank you alot I knew nothing about attaching coral. I traded 2 xenia heads I paid $5 for for the two branches. Thought I could just glue it lol learned different.

Then in a few weeks I can snip the thread and pull it out?

Then in a few weeks I can snip the thread and pull it out?
no need it will grow over it and anything wrapped around rock will slowly decay away on its own
no colored threads they contain dye and will stain the coral

once you get used to working with different types of corals attaching will come natural to you (y) I spent about 3hrs with a friend who knows all the ins and outs now it's a breeze :lol:

Back
Top Bottom