Help Bro. & Sis. Beginner Concern

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LR is on the top of the sand.

is this a good idea what if i fill my sand w/ LR. btw is this a good sign some tube worm is starting to grow on my LR

Help! I purchase a Green Brittle Star after Acclimation I put it on my tank then after an hour I see that the tentacles of my Green Brittle Star is slowly cutting off… then I see the tentacles all of five tentacles tip is off.... i do not know what happen!?

A) Describe your aclimtion procedure
B) What are your current water parameters?
C) Do you know what the water parameters were in the tank he came from?

Do you have a cycled QT? If he can't move well, he's going to be easy prey for your crabs if you don't rescue him quickly. Brittle stars can regenerate, but he will need careful attention to recover.

A) I've use Floating Method.
B) all parameters is good
C) I don't know the parameters were in the tank he came from?

He may just have experienced shock. Many fish stores have odd water parameters, so you need to adjust saltwater creatures a bit more carefully than freshwater. As well as the temperature acclimation done via the float method, you also need to do a chemical acclimation, by slowly adding some of your water to the bag, until the bag is at least 50% your tank water. The best way to do this is by starting a siphon in an airline hose, and then tying a knot in it so that it just barely drips into the container with the aclimating creatures. When the amount of water in the container has doubled, you can net out the occupants and dispose of the fish store water.

How is he doing? Is he moving around ok? The wounds look like they're healing?

what acclimation is best to use? Floating Method or Drip Method

I did the drip method yesterday and so for so good.

1 Ocellaris Clownfish female
1 Three Stripe Damselfish
1 Blue Damselfish
3 mexi hermits
1 Serpent Sea Star

Drip Method it will eat more time rather than Floating Method is that correct?

Drip method will take longer, but if the fish store water has a significantly diffrent salinity, it can greately ease the transition for the fish/invert.

pls. give step by step procedure on drip method... coz. i cannot understand that method correctly

Back
Top Bottom