HELP!! Emergency

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pdwire

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have my whole tank broken down and cannot get my new closed loop system working. Is there some kind of trick to get it to prime? I can get water to flow through the system but there are tons of bubbles. Any suggestions much appreciated. I need to fix before I put all my rock back in the tank.

Thanx,

Patrick

well from what i hear if you are getting bubles you might have a pin hole air leak. make sure all fittings are air tight. and if they are all good then you might just have an air pocket in the plumming and tapping on it will brake it up and it will flow out of the system. hope this helps and i know what it is like to replumb the system. i did it and it took a lot longer then what i was hopeing for.

I don't think it is a pin hole leak as there a ton of bubbles. I am thinking more of an air pocket. Is there a good way, other than banging on it, to force the air out of the system?

Priming closed loop system

Here are a couple of pictures of the system... hope that helps someone think of an idea. I am priming the system by taking the cap of my 'top tube' and pouring in water, screwing on the cap, and plugging in the pump. Is there some other trick here that I should know about?

Back
Top Bottom