I've made my decision to bring back a nano saltwater in my life.. I had a 10 gal
over 5 years ago and I really miss it.
The tank I've decided to go with is Eheim 6 or 9 gal
(I like it because it has a top to prevent my cats from getting in the tank!, and its modern looking my price range)
Addition to LR
, I am planning on colorful soft corals (I can do more research while the tank cycles) with mostly inverts (Shrimp, crabs..)
Depending if I get the 9 gal
or 6 gal
, I may add a small fish. Don't know yet.
My questions, since it's been so long:
1. What do I need to put in the filter, exactly? The biomedia would be taken care of by the LR
, but do I need carbon or anything?
2. What kind of lighting would be best for soft corals? T5? MH
3. is Koralia 240 good for water flow in a small nano? What do you recommend?
4. I can do without skimmer if I do frequent water changes, right? Skimmer can be added later as finances allow?
5. Is it 1lb of live sand per gallon, or at least an inch from the bottom? (I know its 1-2lbs or LR
, but sand?)
That's it for now.. I am sure I will be popping in with further questions.. I plan on setting up a tank setup log when I get things ready.
thanks in advance!