Help, green algae running wild

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kingparsy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
just got a new coralife light about 3 weeks ago, love the light, making green algae go nuts, more snails. ??? i have cut my light cycle to 8 hours, should i cut back more, ??

Sounds all too familiar. I bought my Coralife 4x65w retro about a month ago, and the green algae is all over my live rock now. I have the daylight on for 8 hours, and the actinics on for 10. Not sure why this is happening. I suppose algae eaters are in order.

Mike

My light stays on 11 or 12 hours a day. Yes the light might be contributing to the problem now but you need to cut back on the feedings. Feed you fish only every other day. This will cut back on the organics in the water. I`ve been feeding mine every other day for several years with no problems with hair algea of any kind. So cut back on the food and turn your skimmer up and you shoul see results in a couple of weeks. I also have Hermit crabs and Sally lightfoot crabs for algea control. Good Luck and be patient

Back
Top Bottom