Help identify skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chireaux

Aquarium Advice Regular
I rushed out to buy a protein skimmer from my LFS today, I bought this one for around $150. It is a hob skimmer for up to 100 gal. ( I have 55). It also came with a gen x 1000 pump. Before hooking it up I wanted to read some reviews first to avoid having any buyers remorse. There is no brand name on the packaging but I believe he said it was a seaclear 100 ( he possibly meant proclear). Either way, I can not identify this anywhere on the Internet, which worries me greatly. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

• image-2782409336.jpg
    image-2782409336.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 113
mr_X said:
it doesn't appear to be a seaclone or a proclear.
it looks very similar to a cpr bakpak.

Do you think it's some kind of knock off. Scared to use it bc they may not take it back. It does look similar to the bakpak but not exactly.

mr_X said:
it doesn't appear to be a seaclone or a proclear.
it looks very similar to a cpr bakpak.

Do you think it is a knock off? You would think there would be some packaging besides the cardboard box it came in and you would think there would be some sort of logo on it. Scared to use it bc they may not take it back.

Sorry about the double post, thanks for the response.

Another question, there are no instructions. When I look on you tube there are many more parts to the other skimmers. This is everything it came with in the picture. No tubing, no filters. Just came with the pump ( which did come with some clear tubing). Could this be all the necessary pieces?

thats all you need yes, theres nothign really to a skimmer, they are simple yet useful at pulling organics from the water

Got the skimmer hooked up today. Seemed to work fine but began leaking all over my floor. I believe I will take it back and I may order the Octopus. Thanks for the link Mr. X. Its cheaper also.:)

Back
Top Bottom