Help live sand in sw

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mousefue

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi there I am going to start a 33 gal sw tank I am researching still but not sure on wot to put in the bottom go the tank

And wot hard fish to have
And wot soft corals and live rock

Any help would be amazing

Reese

Sorry forgot to say if I do live sand do I do it deep or shallow and someone said to me be cearful with deep live sand as gas builds up and can kill everything so he poke it every Monday
But wouldn't snails and ceriths , Nassau keep the sand bed over turning xx

Amazing thank you for your time to reply what about the debt if I did too deep or too shallow what is a really good size

Deep sand beds are still debated on their benefit if any. Personally I go with shallow sand bed. 1/2" - 2" for most of my tanks except where my diamond goby has made 3" deep areas.

True, you don't need live sand because any sand will become live. But not all sands are safe. Just look for a fine aragonite sand. Don't go with crushed coral.

I can't tks you enough of the information you are all given me thank you okay I will try and find that of sand

I'm also very new to the hobby but some folks on here pointed me to reefrocks.net. You get 40lbs of sand free with a purchase of 50 lbs of rock which is a really great price in my opinion. I'll be buying them soon and putting them through the cycle so they'll all become live then I'll add the fish

Back
Top Bottom