Help me build my stock (reef)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kirky88

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello everyone I'm looking for help with planning a stock list for a 70 odd gallon reef tank looking for suggestions on both fish and coral.
So far I know I def want two occ clowns but that's all that's set thus far

The one condition is that they must have colour and be pretty (gfs) condition on me getting this set up
As far as coral I want to start with basic hardy coral and slowly build my way up initial lighting will be t5 lighting
Will eventually upgrade to led once I can afford and when I have some experience with the basic hardy coral
Any suggestions would be great

Planning, that's always fun! I used the marine compatibility chart from liveaquaria.com when I was planning my stock to make sure I didn't have any issues with my tank mates. Plus they have info on which stock will be reef safe so that way you don't pick up something that will pick at your corals.

Have you given that to which clowns you want? I have a pair of black and white ocellaris clowns.

Dano. said:
Planning, that's always fun! I used the marine compatibility chart from liveaquaria.com when I was planning my stock to make sure I didn't have any issues with my tank mates. Plus they have info on which stock will be reef safe so that way you don't pick up something that will pick at your corals.

Have you given that to which clowns you want? I have a pair of black and white ocellaris clowns.

Btw colorful fish like royal grammas, yellow tangs and orchid dottybacks add nice color to your tank.

Dano. said:

Yes we want 1 black and white ocellaris and an orange and white ocellaris clown (they're the smaller ones right?)

Yes we want 1 black and white ocellaris and an orange and white ocellaris clown (they're the smaller ones right?)

size of occ clowns is indicative of their sex, not their coloring. Bigger is the female, the smaller is the male in all clowns.

go for a foxface, lovely looking fish. yellow tangs are nice and bright too

Foxface for sure!! :) carpenters wrasse are beautiful too. If you wanna risk an angel in a reef, flames are very colorful. Yellow coris wrasse are very pretty too. 3 Blue reef chromis would be pretty.

I love yellow nose butterfly's too but again risk in a reef from what I understand

Back
Top Bottom