Help me choose my tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

monaro_gto

Aquarium Advice Activist
Yep thats right, I need help choosing a tank. I am researching all the in's and out;s of starting a saltwater tank, im researching lights, skimmers, ro/di units etc etc but my main concern right now is the placement and the tank. I really only have one place I can put it (or want to put it) but the problem is there is an AC return on the wall. If I go with a tank with Sump I have problems of blocking the vent. Hopefully you guys can give me your input.

For reference this is my 29g on a 43" stand I built.
29g%20tank%20and%20stand.jpg

29g tank and stand.jpg

Last edited:
Yep thats right, I need help choosing a tank. I am researching all the in's and out;s of starting a saltwater tank, im researching lights, skimmers, ro/di units etc etc but my main concern right now is the placement and the tank. I really only have one place I can put it (or want to put it) but the problem is there is an AC return on the wall. If I go with a tank with Sump I have problems of blocking the vent. Hopefully you guys can give me your input. For reference this is my 29g on a 43" stand I built.

Any idea what you plan on stocking ?
Do you plan on doing fish only , or reef ?
It also depends on budget , researching compatibility if what you want to stock .

im more worried about the air return and sizing right now. Down the road I would like to add some coral but not over board. Stocking I have not decided yet.to an extent it will depend on size of tank.

im more worried about the air return and sizing right now. Down the road I would like to add some coral but not over board. Stocking I have not decided yet.to an extent it will depend on size of tank.

The biggest issue we all encounter is wishing we w

Rmckoy said:
Wishing we went bigger so we can have that fish .

+1. Go as big as you possibly can (that you cab afford). As for the ac return. Is it pulling air in? Or blowing cold air out? If its pulling air in, thats really not too big of an issue

Not much to add, agree with go as big as you can, but I wanted to tell you I love that stand! :)

Back
Top Bottom