Help me decide - which fish should I add next?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cmor1701d

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a 125 AGA that was set up in February. I have 50 pounds of base and 95 pounds of live rock.

Current inhabitants are:
1x Green Chromis - (Chromis viridis)
1x Coral Beauty Angel - (Centropyge bispinosus)
2x True Percula Clownfish - (Amphiprion percula)
1x brittle star
1x Pepermint shrimp
20 (aprox) Scarlet and Blue leg hermits
10 snails (assorted but who can count them)
2 Fighting conch

2 Ricordea (1", 1", 2.5")
1 mushroom colony (4 polyps)

What I have on my want list is:

1x Bicolor Blenny (Ecsenius bicolor)
1x orchid dottyback Pseudochromis fridmani
1x Foxface Lo (Siganus vulpinus)
1x Firefish, Purple (Nemateleotris decora)
1x Sailfin Tang (Zebrasoma veliferum)
1x bangaii cardinal
2x Bartlett's Anthias (Psuedoanthias bartlettorum) ???? due to feeding

What should I add next?
Does the order of addition really matter?
The Percs were added about a month ago and were the last addition other than a recent detrivore kit and the shroom.

TIA

Cmor

yep order matters i would add the least aggressive fish first...just got a firefish and my spotted hawk and bluetail damsel killed him in a day.jmo

I would go ahead and add the firefish and the bicolor blenny from your list. I think you'll be fine adding those two at the same time.

Thanks Zain. As this is still a FOwLR tank with minimal lighting, I still have the glass tops on.

Cmor

just a thought worth mentioning, your chromis would be much happier with a couple of friends.

your chromis would be much happier with a couple of friends
This could not be more truthful. Green Chromis are usually very timid when kept by themselves. I had only one for a few months and it was constantly picked on by others. I got it 3 friends and they are happy as can be...remember, strength in numbers. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

BTW, Bangaii Cardinals also need friends :mrgreen:

BTW, Bangaii Cardinals also need friends

Adult male Bangaii cards will fight to the death. I'm not sure but I think they pair up, not a harem fish. I would do a search for Bangaii cardinals and pay particular attention to the posts by Bang Guy, he has been breeding and raising them for awhile.

Well I never made it to the lfs this past weekend as I stopped by to see my brother's new pool and patio. I did get an early birthday present from my nieces... a gift certificate to the lfs :D

I might have to stop there tonight.

I was wondering about adding the Bangii now. At first I thought they were very peaceful, but now I'm seeing that they are semi-aggressive. Thanks Kevin.
Hey Bang Guy, are you watching?

Timbo, are your chromis peaceful to the other inhabitants? I started with 4 but 3 succumbed within days. Got those at Petco, where the kid told me about the great new lfs. That's where I've been going ever since.

Timbo, are your chromis peaceful to the other inhabitants?

Yes they are, the only fish the biggest fights with is the tomato clown, but it starts the fights and they have actually locked lips before... :lol: But as a general rule, yes they are very peaceful fish...

Back
Top Bottom