Help Me Please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
R

Rudy_627

i want to get a fish tank and i need to know prices and what should i do and not do

you need to give us more specifics about what you want to do with your tank. do you want a reef? FOWLR? FO? you also need to figure out any space limitations and tank size, as well as what types of fish/inverts you would like to keep.

i suggest lots and lots of research and the contientious marine aquarist by robert fenner.

GL!

well i dont know what live rock is i want some fish but i want saltwater and i want to know if they are too hard to take care of for someone starting out new?

Welcome to AA! 1st of all, setting up a SW tank isn't as hard as it seems. However, you need to do some researches before rushing into this hobby so you can avoid disasters, and waste your $$$. Secondly, don't let your LFS pressure you into buying unessesary items you don't really need, ie. water clear chemicals, etc. Lastly, be patience. This SW hobby takes time, but the end result is very rewarding if you take the times to do it right. :)

To answer your 1st question on AA. LR is a kind of rock that contains "life" such as algea, hitch hike critters such as shrimps, star fish, snails, and some small tub worm feather dusters.

Hi Rudy...Welcome to AquariumAdvice.com!! :D :D :D
Looks like you have a lot of research to do before you get started. The very first thing I reccommend is to get a good book. I like "The Conscientious Marine Aquarist" by Robet Fenner. I do not know if I would consider SW tanks "hard" and a beginer in the fish hobby can certainly attempt to keep one. They do require patience, time, attention and money. You should first decide what type of tank you want, FO, FOWLR, reef. Whay type of filtration you will use, what size...some many options. "live rock" is rock taken from the ocean that contains not only lots of algeas, corals, crabs, worms and the like, but it also harbor and creates a great place for benifical bacteria to grow. This bacteria is responsible for removing toxins from the water and making the water safer for the fish, inverts, and corals that occupy the tank. This is known as biological filtration and should be the foundation of the filtering process in the tank.

awesome but my parents dont know i want an aquarium but my dad DID have one until alot of copper somehow got in there and killed all the fish but he IS planning on getting one so i hope he buys it for me and still uses it for himself cause i wanna take care of the fish tooso im really hoping we get a tank :?

Hi Rudy...welcome to the addiction! If you want a good online research page check out www.reefaquaruim.net . Its got alot of information for people new to the hobby. Granted..its not going to replace being able to ask questions and learn from the experience on the board...but its a good place to start reading.

I posted in the other topic but I'll say again I think you should start out with fresh water fish. There are several species that are quite hardy and come in a variety of colors.

Welcomme to the site.
i started with sw and did alright.
all your dad needs is lots of money, or maybe the two of you can do a couple Father-Son DIY projects together.

Good look

Welcome to AA...its nice to have you on. What are you looking into getting? There are tons of possibilities.

Back
Top Bottom