Help me read my hydrometer, is it high or low? deep six

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
S

salituro

Hello, I have a coralife hydrometer deep six.

my question is, it is pointing above the ideal gravity point. exactly 1.024, is the salt content to high or to low? Do I need to add more? or take water out and add freshwater?

thanks, but just so I have this straight, If the hydrometer needle is pointing up, that means the salt content is high? up meaning 1.30?

Yep, the higher the SG number means the more salt that is dissolved in the water.

So for instance 1.030 would be super duper salty, dip in a breadstick ad get a pretzel type salty. :D

Hope that helps.

Thanks!

Thank You so much! Getting ready for my live rock tomorrow, woohooo

hehe me too salituro! My salinity was oober high, just now getting it lowered.. now its hitting about 1.025, trying to get it 1.022-1.023 range..

Good deal electrobes. Do you plan on dipping your rock before you put it in the tank? If so, what method will you use?

now its hitting about 1.025, trying to get it 1.022-1.023 range..

I would leave it at 1.025 that is a perfect spot as it is really close to NSW... I as well as others run our tanks at 1.025.. If using the Deep Six since I just got my Refractometer I would suggest 1.024 as that is what mine was at and I retested using the Refrac. and it stated it was 1.027 or 35ppt

HTH,
James

I'm back, nah I didn't freshwater dip them or anything I just stuck it in my tank, the LFS's water is good and my tank is still cycling.. I have yet to get the live rock, making sure my DIY lights run without flaw etc.. will prob get live rock tomorrow as of now.. and more base rock.. there's just never enough :p

Back
Top Bottom