Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-12-2012, 06:12 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixkiller
Maybe some cories and livebearers? A cool Endler perhaps?

A neon tetra school is a must-have IMO. Depending on where you get them, they are pretty easy to care for.

Any type of tetra is usually good, but as always, there is some exclusions to beginners. Look up some livebearers and tetras, and we shall help you in your research (Should you have any questions).
Thumbs up!!

My 30 has hi fin platies, habrosus corydoras, corydoras trilleanatus, and a Bolivian ram.

Harlequin rasboras, sparkling gourami, small plecos, otocinclus, lemon tetra, diamond tetra, serpae tetra, and many more suit a 30 gallon.

If you figure out some that you like we can talk about what will work together!

Old 06-13-2012, 02:10 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryFan View Post
Thumbs up!!

My 30 has hi fin platies, habrosus corydoras, corydoras trilleanatus, and a Bolivian ram.

Harlequin rasboras, sparkling gourami, small plecos, otocinclus, lemon tetra, diamond tetra, serpae tetra, and many more suit a 30 gallon.

If you figure out some that you like we can talk about what will work together!
Otos I would not really recommend. They are wild caught and are prone to random deaths. Also, they are a bit more of a challenge to keep than the really cool Bristlenose plecostamus. I have no people around here with a Sparkling Gourami, so I can't make a credible comment on those.

Who say's that you can't have more than one tank? Just get one more... just one...
phoenixkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 02:14 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Bristlenoses are one of my absolute favorites!
Old 06-13-2012, 02:22 AM   #14

Love my bristle nose. Would certainly consider them. For some bizarre reason any time I buy neons they die. Doesn't matter what tank I put them in. Think petco and petsmart maybe got some bad batches? Unknown. But glow light tetras and black neon tetra seem hardier? The glow lights are really pretty IMO.

*I just noticed as I went back through the thread this is in the SALTWATER section? It appeared to be a freshwater discussion. *
Old 06-15-2012, 01:26 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestarbandit View Post
Love my bristle nose. Would certainly consider them. For some bizarre reason any time I buy neons they die. Doesn't matter what tank I put them in. Think petco and petsmart maybe got some bad batches? Unknown. But glow light tetras and black neon tetra seem hardier? The glow lights are really pretty IMO.

*I just noticed as I went back through the thread this is in the SALTWATER section? It appeared to be a freshwater discussion. *
That's what I say now. It depends on where you get them. I have had 6 or so neon tetras for half a year now. None died. Not even health problems. But the Cardinal Tetras here always die. I personally say that with those two Tetra species it's hit-or-miss. Others I'm sure disagree, but that's JMO.

Who say's that you can't have more than one tank? Just get one more... just one...
phoenixkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:57 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Freak

Can somebody please move this or delete it?? Thanks!!

Tags
stock, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com