Help...Me Stock My Tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sharkiegirl94

Aquarium Advice Freak
Uughh! I keep finding fish that i want, but can't get because a 30 gallon ain't gonna cut it/the fish are agressive/etc.....sooo.....

Does anyone have suggestions for a stock list for a 30 gallon tank? I am a beginner, so think easy..i know almost nothing.

Uughh! I keep finding fish that i want, but can't get because a 30 gallon ain't gonna cut it/the fish are agressive/etc.....sooo.....

Does anyone have suggestions for a stock list for a 30 gallon tank? I am a beginner, so think easy..i know almost nothing.
There is an endless amount of things I could list.

Best thing to do is to go to your pet store and write down all the cool fish you find. Then come back and ask about them. Or just look online.

I would give stocking suggestions, but there is just too many to list :) .

What fish did you want that you couldnt have? Maybe there is a similar miniature.

Wait is this a salt tank since it's in the reef section?

I acidently listed it here, I have a 30 gal fw tank
Maybe some cories and livebearers? A cool Endler perhaps?

A neon tetra school is a must-have IMO. Depending on where you get them, they are pretty easy to care for.

Any type of tetra is usually good, but as always, there is some exclusions to beginners. Look up some livebearers and tetras, and we shall help you in your research (Should you have any questions).

phoenixkiller said:
Maybe some cories and livebearers? A cool Endler perhaps?

A neon tetra school is a must-have IMO. Depending on where you get them, they are pretty easy to care for.

Any type of tetra is usually good, but as always, there is some exclusions to beginners. Look up some livebearers and tetras, and we shall help you in your research (Should you have any questions).

Thumbs up!!

My 30 has hi fin platies, habrosus corydoras, corydoras trilleanatus, and a Bolivian ram.

Harlequin rasboras, sparkling gourami, small plecos, otocinclus, lemon tetra, diamond tetra, serpae tetra, and many more suit a 30 gallon.

If you figure out some that you like we can talk about what will work together!

Thumbs up!!

My 30 has hi fin platies, habrosus corydoras, corydoras trilleanatus, and a Bolivian ram.

Harlequin rasboras, sparkling gourami, small plecos, otocinclus, lemon tetra, diamond tetra, serpae tetra, and many more suit a 30 gallon.

If you figure out some that you like we can talk about what will work together!
Otos I would not really recommend. They are wild caught and are prone to random deaths. Also, they are a bit more of a challenge to keep than the really cool Bristlenose plecostamus. I have no people around here with a Sparkling Gourami, so I can't make a credible comment on those.

Love my bristle nose. Would certainly consider them. For some bizarre reason any time I buy neons they die. Doesn't matter what tank I put them in. Think petco and petsmart maybe got some bad batches? Unknown. But glow light tetras and black neon tetra seem hardier? The glow lights are really pretty IMO.

*I just noticed as I went back through the thread this is in the SALTWATER section? It appeared to be a freshwater discussion. *

Love my bristle nose. Would certainly consider them. For some bizarre reason any time I buy neons they die. Doesn't matter what tank I put them in. Think petco and petsmart maybe got some bad batches? Unknown. But glow light tetras and black neon tetra seem hardier? The glow lights are really pretty IMO.

*I just noticed as I went back through the thread this is in the SALTWATER section? It appeared to be a freshwater discussion. *
That's what I say now. It depends on where you get them. I have had 6 or so neon tetras for half a year now. None died. Not even health problems. But the Cardinal Tetras here always die. I personally say that with those two Tetra species it's hit-or-miss. Others I'm sure disagree, but that's JMO.

Back
Top Bottom