help ,mh light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

troutman11111

Aquarium Advice Freak
this is my first mh light. today only 1 bulb came on, the other250watt light was just starting to glow 27sec then went out. 5min or so goes by and it glows again. i just got home so it had to be doing it all day. please tell me it's only a light, and my right side tank will be fine. walt :(

The starter in the ballast part is either not charging enough to get the bulb started, or you have just got a bad bulb.... Not to worry, one of the two will be the culprit...

this light is only 5months old. this starter can i check it? if so where? don,t have another light, was thinking of swaping bulbs when it cools down to see if the bulb is bad. if the bulb glows it is good? i,m thinkng no light bad bulb. walt

Sounds more like the bulb is gone... I would check that first... The Starter or Capacitor is wired to the ballast, unless of course you have an electronic ballast, then I believe ther is no starter per say, just ballast...

thanks, should i turn off the mh, cool the hot bulb then swap them. then turn back on? i would leave the fans and pc's on. it's do to go off at 8:30 [mh]

it was the bulb.petsupplyliquidator said 1year on fixture. 50.00 replacement bulb,or a USHIO bulb for 80.00 that will Last well over a year. Is this a good bulb? walt

Back
Top Bottom