Help my bubble coral deflating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jbird745

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I've had him for about a month he looked awesome ate chunks of scallop and some phytoplankton. Bubbles all day tentacles all night. Now he's barely opening I hardly see any tentacles ever and I'm up til 5 am so I would see them. And just today I noticed half inflated bubbles I really like this guy and don't wanna see him become coral rubble. I moved him to my fuge in hopes that he would come back down there. All my parameters should be fine I test regularly 20% changes every 2 weeks plus top off protien skimmer running well. Not sure what the problem is help me save him please

Do you have good lighting in your fuge? If not bring him back to the DT where he can get the light he needs.

Maybe add a picture so we can help?

I have a 50:50 in my fuge and moon light I have 2 clowns and an anemone in my fuge its basically a second tank running online with my main but the flow is alot milder which I thought would help the bubble recuperate

hmm..sounds like the right spot for him. how often did you feed it? i'm just shooting in the dark here, but i have seen healthy corals take a nose dive from overfeeding. i think they have trouble breaking down the large amounts of food.

It doesn't eat phyto - most corals don't. I'm thinking along the lines of MrX... too big of a piece of food. Chop that pea sized piece of scallop up and I'm thinking it might be happier. If you're feeding LPS, you really want to chop the food up in little tiny pieces.

It could also be some type of growth spurt. Seems like a lot of my corals get really ticked off for a bit, then suddenly come out of it with a growth spurt.

Thanks for all the input defenately will rethink my feeding habits I just moved my coral over into my friends tank to recuperate he has amazing water quality and mh lighting hopefully this will bring it back in full force

Hopefully. Bubble corals don't need or want a lot of light, so hopefully it's placed in a spot where the mh lighting won't stress it out even more.

Back
Top Bottom