Help my fish are not eating???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigtom802l

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 55 gallon tank that has finished cycling with damsels. I had to get rid of the damsels since they did not play nice with my new arrivals. I have added one copperband butterfly, one clown fish and one black cap basslet. When i had the damsels they ate flak food i got from the pet store. when i got the new fish the pet store said that they would eat flake. well its been a few days now and they do not eat the flake. the clown fish picks it up and spits it out. and the butterfly and basslet just watch it float by. I thought it was water qaulity but i check the PH its 8.3 there is no ammonia in my tank and the nitrite level is like 0.2ish. SO i am at a loss as to why they are not eating. please help thanks

I would try some frozen food to see if there is some interest. I usually use flake, and frozen to supplement the diet. Frozen spirulina, or mysis shrimp is good. Maybe you could let us know what your temperature, Nitrate level, and SG is at in the tank. This will also help determine any other factors.

Thanks,

Mike

The temperature of my tank is 77 degrees, the SG is 1.023, the nitrite level is 0.25ppm and the mitrate level is 10 ppm. And the amonia level is basically undetectable. I got some freeze dried blood worms and that helped out with the clown fish he seems to like that. but the other two fish are not eating.

Please advise

I know the Copperband is somewhat difficult top keep from what I understand..it may just take some time for them to get adjusted. My clown took a couple of days before he started eating.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom