Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-19-2010, 01:08 AM   #111
Aquarium Advice Addict

Thincat's probably right about the lights. If I remember right, that setup only has very low wattage LEDs on it - just enough to show off the color of your fish. It's really not enough to really get the algae to take off... but it will, given time.

Phosphates - as far as I know - are not dangerous to fish. They will inhibit coral growth, and fuel algae growth, but that's it. That phosphate remover you're using should suck up quite a bit, so if you want to slow down on the water changes just because of the phosphates, that would seem OK.

Old 04-21-2010, 02:18 PM   #112
Aquarium Advice Activist

Yeah the lights are very low Im guessing. I didnt realise algae needed the lights.

Old 04-23-2010, 01:47 AM   #113
Aquarium Advice Activist

I just wanted to thank you all once again. Seems like the tank is under control now. Woohoo!
Old 04-23-2010, 02:01 AM   #114
Aquarium Advice Addict

That's great!!!! Time to start another one!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-23-2010, 02:07 AM   #115
Aquarium Advice Activist

Haha soon! I might play with this a bit more. The good LFS guy gave me a small kenya tree so I got my very first coral Feels good to be able to actually enjoy the tank for a bit.

Once my parameters are totally good I might try adding a few small corals to get my feet wet. I ordered a light today as well which Ill try over this 10g but it will also work over the new tank Im wanting. So Im feeling kind of excited now Plus all the remaining critters seem happy.
Old 04-23-2010, 04:44 AM   #116
Aquarium Advice Addict

I would look hard for the dead fish... or maybe it was turbo... but a death could cause a spike like that in a small tank. The tank is still worth keeping you just have to keep a closer eye on it when things are a little rocky (or in your case an airplane braking apart in mid air... but you see to be doing alright making a parachute out of the luggage to save yourself and all near by) was that too much of a metaphor?
Greenmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 05:01 AM   #117
Aquarium Advice Addict

Works for me! I think Bonnie is doing a great job.

Tags
die, dieing, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com