help need help fast on tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

morgan24

Aquarium Advice Freak
help tank turned brown!!!!!

i put my new light in about 8 days ago. and my tank turned completly brown i mean every thing from the lr to the cc what is the cause of this stuff? help

how long ago did you set up your tank? mine just went through a cycle of brown diatoms but i just got about 10 more turbo and astrea snails and it has went away drastically.

my tank is brown and i dont know why, i just put my new coralife 65 wt in 8 days ago and its turned all brown help fast i dont know what to dooooo

probably diatoms... how long has your tank been setup for? my tank just went through this stage and i just did a few water changes and then put a few phosphate pads and a few more turbo and astrea snails in my tank and the brown has diminished.

i thought my diatoms were done they came a little and went but when i put this new light in it all went crazy. now im going crazy trying to figure this out. please reply if anyone knows what is going on im going to be here all knight till i figure this out :x

Probably Diatoms that go away on its own. Is it powdery looking? At three weeks I am willing to bet that it is diatom (which is not bad but normal). If you got snails and hermits they would help in cleanup too.

Well, the fact that it cropped up after replacing your light could be coincidence. Or maybe it's the beginnings of cyano. It sometimes looks brown. Does it go away or seem to shrink up at night? Other than the light, have you added anything else or changed anything else in the tank? Any chance of getting a picture?

my tank is going through its second round of diatoms but i put in another phosphate pad and 5 astrea conehead snails and 5 turbos and they went right to work on it again, man i love those lil boogers

Back
Top Bottom