Help needed, from A to Z...!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
NICE SKIMMER!! (I have the same one :) )

Good to know that!!! I will ask you couple things when I get ready to set the skimmer up...I have no clue on that...lol... thanks in advance. No progress on the tank this week, will work on it tomorrow. BTW what should I use on the end of the return line, I mean just a pipe pouring water into the tank...?:blink:

Use a filter sock on the end of it. That's what I use. Eliminates the sound of crashing. Also stops most of the micro bubbles. I have my drain in the same chamber as my p.Skimmer.

+1 to the filter sock, and as long as you clean it at least weekly, it will not add any phosphates or nitrates to your system. I use one also, and it helps to keep the water clear.

Filter Sock

Here is the location of my skimmer, the drain, and the sock. They share the same zone in my sump. My sump is only 3 chambers, and is going to be reconstructed to have baffles moved to return pump side (Because i screwed up when i built it), and a larger refugium. I will free space by making my return area MUCH smaller. I thought I needed a big one and its taking up tons of space that is not required.

SockLocation1.jpg
SockLocation2.jpg

My sock needs to be cleaned, it foams like this when its dirty.

Here is my sump empty...
IMG_1827.JPG

Hope you get something out of this. Everyone's sump is different. Its just how you personalize your system.

Hello Everybody

Thank you all for all the info and pics. Very helpful.
Still saving some money to buy my ro/di system. That's y the slower pace... as soon as I get some step up Ill post the pictures.

Pukani Rocks

I'll need help again...!

Hello evrbdy... just curious about Pukani Rocks (from BRS) are they good? Can I just use dry rock on my tank?

Here is a pick of my WIP... doing a kind of an electrical panel for all the wires and stuff...

Next step... add the rocks

Attachments

• 20121007_191606.jpg
    20121007_191606.jpg
    228.6 KB · Views: 37
  • 20121007_135130.jpg
    20121007_135130.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 48
Everything looks awesome even without it having water! Yeah BRS pukani dry rock is the best! It's extremely porous so you get more for your money. I ordered a 100 lbs for my 70 and got 12 one foot pieces and 3 two foot pieces. Only used about 70 lbs. Pretty easy to aquascape too.

Back
Top Bottom