Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-04-2006, 02:07 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice Freak

Welcome to AA

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawasakizx636
cool, thanks for the info
those damsels will be getting out when the tank is cycled
I don't think you understand what everyone is telling you here, take the Damsels back now and read the post that was already recommended- http://www.aquariumadvice.com/articl...q=2&fldAuto=15

Old 07-04-2006, 05:09 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

well thats the only way that i'm doing it, i'm not buying the rock till my fish tank is cycled.
plus it aint bad for my tank, only for the fish, but i'm not keeping the damsels so i don't care about there health. i know its cruel but i'd rather do it this way then to feed the empty tank and let the food rot to build ammonia.

Old 07-04-2006, 05:49 PM   #23
SW REEF 18+ YEARS
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawasakizx636
plus it aint bad for my tank, only for the fish, but i'm not keeping the damsels so i don't care about there health.
You would be better off in another hobby. Your mentality does not fit this one.

SITE ADMINISTRATOR

You can view many of my fish and corals in my photo albums in my profile.

View my tank

AA Community Rules|AA TOS

Forums 101 - posting, accounts, basics
Old 07-04-2006, 07:35 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
it aint bad for my tank, only for the fish, but i'm not keeping the damsels so i don't care about there health. i know its cruel but i'd rather do it this way
8O 8O

Please re-think your approach or find another hobby not involving living things!
Old 07-04-2006, 08:34 PM   #25
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to Devilishturtles
Haha. You are going to have continued failure with your tank and waste a lot of money, and kill a lot of animals. I don't know why you think what you are doing is correct...actually you are setting yourself up for a very long and troublesome setup.
If its because that is what your LFS is telling you, again I'd find another store.

Perhaps your company should find someone else to set up their show tank.

Live in the Western MD/West Virginia/DC Metro Area?
Join our very active regional forum Here

Like the advice someone just gave you? Add to their reputation! Click on the balance icon underneath their username and let them know.
Old 07-05-2006, 08:32 AM   #26
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Yes, I think that says it all.

Remember that Darwin was mostly right!
Old 07-05-2006, 09:50 AM   #27
AA Team Emeritus

A showcase tank and setting up without benefit of having done sufficient research will not work. True, this site and these folks are willing to bend over backwards to help you, but you've at least gotta pretend you're helping yourself. Seems as though you want advice, but still wanna do things the way YOU think they should be done - along with advice from an LFS, which is always suspect in this hobby.

So, you gonna do this on your own with no research (OK, bad lfs advice doesn't count ) or do you want us to help? Look, I'm not trying to fan any flames here, just observing how difficult you are making this.

Do you have a test kit so you can monitor the water levels while these damsels are cycling your tank? Another thing - your tank is too small for tangs. No triggers either.

I'm willing to bet money that you'll consider not posting any more here and doing this the way you want to anyway. I'd love to lose my money on that one if yuo decide to prove me wrong.
Old 07-05-2006, 01:30 PM   #28
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to roka64 Send a message via Yahoo to roka64
Quote:
i know its cruel but i'd rather do it this way then to feed the empty tank and let the food rot to build ammonia.
A dead cocktail shrimp would be cheaper than 2 damsels....

Quote:
I agree!

Questions loved, heeded advice greatly appreciated!

Vote for AA
Good reading about:
Nitrogen Cycle
Fishless Cycling
Need more help?
Articles
Acronym List

--Scott
Old 07-05-2006, 03:28 PM   #29
Aquarium Advice FINatic

WOW... I just stumbled upon this thread at this point. Hard to believe the comments about not caring about the health were actually said. Who gets into keeping live animals without having their health at the forefront of their endeavor?

At this point, I wouldn't even bother giving any advice if they do return. It's a lost cause.
Old 07-05-2006, 08:36 PM   #30
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

i don't plan on keeping the damsels, the LFS told me i can bring them back. he told me that feeding an empy tank and let it rot will work but it gives the tank all the bad stuff but if i get some damsels and let them eat and digest the food, then i get the good stuff, and about live rock, all the good stuff will die off the cure rock if i put it n the non cycled tank.
and no, i don't have a test kit, i just have the ammonia button. But i plan on buying one this weekend.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com