Help on first SW tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tylork92

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Considering taking the plunge in saltwater! The tank im considering setting up is an oddball size that i cant find anywhere but calculate to be around 26 gallons (H 14.75" including trim, L 36" glass only, D 12 1/8" glass only) with this oddball of a size i cant get a clear answer or recommendations on what lighting to use. It will start as a FOWLR tank more than likely as i get a feel for parameters and what not. Will definitely move to corrals eventually. So might as well get lighting capable for reef.

This will be a budget setup btw. most equipment is used but functioning. I already have 2 power heads, heater, 60lbs of dry rock (obviously over kill but it was cheap and had to buy it all to get any of it.).

Lighting is going to be your biggest expense. 2 of the Tao panels would cover it, 3 par38 bulbs, or a maybe one of the buildmyled lights I'm sure they have a 36" fixture. You may also want a hob filter or skimmer for some more filtration

Lighting is going to be your biggest expense. 2 of the Tao panels would cover it, 3 par38 bulbs, or a maybe one of the buildmyled lights I'm sure they have a 36" fixture. You may also want a hob filter or skimmer for some more filtration

HOB filter will be there too. Considered doing a sump but dont really see the need at this time as a beginner.

Any links to the above recommendations? PM me please

If you look through pretty much any lighting thread on here and you'll find a link to the eBay 120w dimmable LED panels (Taos). I can pm you links for the others a little later

Back
Top Bottom