help planning my 100+ gallon upgrade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HPballer76

Aquarium Advice Freak
hello everyone just wanted to get some feedback and help with plans on my next project. I currently have a 72 bow front fowlr in my bedroom and a 24g aquapod with some beginner corals. I am in the process of planing my upgrade from the 72 to a 150 or possible a 210 (someone wants to trade a 210 for a 120 i have). The new tank is going into my kitchen and will have the sump plumbed down to the basement. Just looking for some feedback on the plumbing setup and equipment. I don't have an unlimited budget so this build will take some time.

here is the equipment list i am thinking of using

150-210g display
75g sump
29g remote fuge
reeflo dart return pump. (big enough to pump back up?)
not sure on powerheads or closed loop yet.
two little fishies 550 reactors for carbon and gfo
maybe a bio pellet reactor
maybe uv
bubble magus bm-nac9 protein skimmer
brs 5 stage ro/di
2 55 gallon drums. 1 for ro and 1 two mix
iwaki pump to take mixed water from drum to sump (already have it 1200gph)
tao tronics led panels (already have 2 over the 72g. will add a 3rd for this)

Im planning to do a semi coast to coast over flow with bean animal drains and returns on the outside of the overflow box. I would like to split the return line to run the fuge witch will gravity drain back to the sump. also would like to have a manifold to run the reactors and uv.

here is a quick sketch i did in google sketchup. just started using it so its not the best but it gives you and idea of what i am working with. haven't figured out an easy way to do the plumbing in sketchup on a mac? anyone know on that? lol

img_2048575_0_83fd0c46f90f34af67002e1177d70a8c.png

img_2048575_1_4daf28467fb660c180dc3e106a64d4f2.png

img_2048575_2_f441b8a37f425ca663916a454425e0c4.png

also would a reeflo hammerhead be better as the return than a dart? one just came up for sale locally that is 2 years old for $200 is that a good price? haven't seen what they sell for used.

thanks guys! anyone have any suggestions? also with the sump being in the basement all of the plumbing for the house is pretty accessible, i'm going to and another split to the return to the drain pipe so can flip a couple valves to drain the water from the return section of the sump. then i can refill it from the 55 gallon drums for water changes. pretty excited to not have to use buckets anymore! lol

Back
Top Bottom