Help Please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jeff8183

Aquarium Advice Activist
Im kinda new to the saltwater thing, and i recently got white flea looking things all over the back of my tank, could someone please tell me what this is and if it is what killed my fish or is it harmless

^yep what BDAWG said.
It sounds like pods. No worries. They are the sign of a healthy maturing tank. Some fish like to eat them.
You said your fish died? How long has the tank been set up? Did you cycle the tank before adding your fish?

I bought the tank after my boss had it for about a year or so i left about a 1/3 of the water in the tank and got home filled it the rest of the way up and put the two fish that were in it when i got it( picaso trigger and spotted grouper) had them about a month and decieded to get a lion fish, he got stressed and died and the trigger tried to eat him so he died too at least thats what the guy at the fish store told me, so waited another month with just the grouper he was fine, then got a clown trigger he didnt last but about 4 days he had white spots all over him that i was told was ich, then the grouper died a week later and now im here with nothing but snails and hermit crabs

arent lion fish poisones... and dont they eat live foods... my teachers eats six live fish a day..

Back
Top Bottom