Help setting up my reef (What types of Softcorals will work)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SaltwaterTeen

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a 55gal tank with 1 actinic 21" pc flourescent (55watts) and a regular 21" pc flourescent (Both are 10000k's) on one of my hoods, and the other hood two purple 30 watters toatle of 175 watts with all of them.

I have did some rearch on some that I might be able to keep (tell me if one of these do not work):

Yellow Polyps
Button Polyps
Mushroom Corals
Anthelia
Gorgonia (heard from teach that had a reef that these require an advance tank keeper)
Zooanthids (zoos)

Also, I heard that it is good to have something like cleanershrimp to janitor the tank and keep it nice.

If any of you know any other corals will work with the lighting I have provided that I use, Thanks.

I also found out what kind of sand I have and it is not cilica (phew!) its called black tahitian moon sand :) Spendy sand ( 20$ for a bag!!)

Quite Honestly I would think that only shrooms would do well with that lighting.. And that is if they were kept up high in the tank.. All the rest seem to me as more light demanding that the light that you have on the tank..

HTH<
James

Back
Top Bottom