HELP!!! trouble with sand!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am starting a new saltwater aquarium.

I accidently bought 2 bags of argalive sand, that arn't the same type.

one is called a bimini pink i believe and the other is a fiji pink.

I did not know they were different types until I poured them in and looked on the back of the bags.

i poured the bimini first and the fiji on top

Did i make a horrible mistake??????

or will this be fine???

will it affect my fish/live rock etc.??????

Please help me, i cant sleep

You're on your way to a long series of sleepless nights my friend haha. Will be fine, no worries.

Haha yeah if you like sleep quit now. Especially if the tank's in your room. Like mine. Every obscure noise = WHAT WAS THAT? DID IT COME FROM THE TANK!?! *Gets up, turns lights on, checks everything for 10 minutes, repeats.* :lol:

thanks guys! good to know, freaking out yesterday. lol yea tank is in my room also

Mix the sand bed up so that you can't tell that there's a difference. It's a new tank so no worries there.

I actually took down a pile of sand from a corner yesterday and couldn't see inside the tank for 30 mintues. It had all settled in an hour.

Of course the sand it migrating back to the corner again. I think I will move the PH this weekend. I did that last night, but the new placement only speeded up the sand movement. :(

Back
Top Bottom