Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-31-2011, 03:14 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Carey's advice is right on the money. I would just add one recomendation. I think he needs an adopted son to go with the tank. I happen to know one who is available. A little old maybe (turns 52 next week) but really a nice guy.

Old 08-31-2011, 03:38 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Oh this thread is getting funny!!

I want to thank all of you for the support and advice. Carey, you have been such a tremendous help..

Of course my boss wants everything right now and hates waiting... Apparently he's been told to wait by the maintenance guy too. I spoke to him yesterday about my bossís tank and he said he's very pleased with how fast his tank as matured in such a short amount of time but still thinks he needs to wait before adding new items such as clams and more Mandarins...

He definitely wants to add a Scott's Fairy Wrasses though. I've been told to search online for the best vendor that would carry the Cooks Island variety...

Old 08-31-2011, 03:40 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Have you tried Aquarium Fish: Tropical Freshwater Fish and Saltwater Fish for Home Aquariums or Saltwater Reef Fish, Marine Fish, Reef Aquarium Coral, Saltwater Supplies & more - Aquatic Connection Live ?

The first is a very good site and the second I've ordered fish from as they tend to have some neat stuff but their inverts and corals are not so good.
Old 08-31-2011, 03:43 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Woot! I found it!

Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Reef Aquariums: Scott's Fairy Wrasse - Reef Safe

They arent in stock at that link but aquacon has them in stock and from the cooks islands
Old 08-31-2011, 03:51 PM   #15

Ive been looking at the Fosters and Smith Aquatics website for a lot of information on his fish. : ) I love this website!!

I still wanted to research the fish a little bit more before I start calling them to see exactly what they have in stock.
Old 08-31-2011, 03:58 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Liveaquaria is number one in my book. They have great customer support and I believe a 2 week guarantee on fish. They tend to be on the conservative side though which is soemthing nice in this hobby. Lots of sites will flat out lie about size requirements and diet just so you buy from them.

Aquacon only has a 48hr guarantee adn I'm not sure if they cover wrasses.
Old 09-02-2011, 05:05 PM   #17

So finding a Scott's Fairy Wrasse from the Cook Islands is almost impossible!!! I can't find one anywhere..... I've called so many places and I've called online companies too...
Where else could I possibly inquire!? Wait- I know, I'll just have to take a business related trip to the Cook Islands myself and get one. I may have to wait but that's alright. ha ha
Old 09-02-2011, 05:10 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Hey, boss shouldnt mind the expense report, he does after all really really want the fish....LOL
Old 09-02-2011, 05:27 PM   #19
Fish R friends, not food!

I would love to see a picture of this tank!!! Anyone else????
spoonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 06:49 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to HalfMoon B
Agreed! Pics or it didn't happen!

Tags
20 gallon, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com