Help white stuff in my new tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justnick

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just started running this tank as of 2-8-14 and now there white stuff that kind slimy here a pic plz help me I'm new to the salt tank world plz help thk u nick
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392001824.008690.jpg plz

White stuff? Tell us a bit more about the tank set up - filtration? Equipment? what did you use to cycle the tank? What size is it? I take you have no livestock yet and I see sand but how much rock do you have in there?

White stuff? Tell us a bit more about the tank set up - filtration? Equipment? what did you use to cycle the tank? What size is it? I take you have no livestock yet and I see sand but how much rock do you have in there?

I have like 40 pounds of live sand and two back wall pumps and a heater set at 76 the tank is a 30 gal than I have like I think 20 pound of live rock, this white stuff that is in the pick I had scraped off is slimy, like I said in new at this so plz work with me

It can't be sand it was white and slimy I had scrape it off with a box cut

Ok as of now it's starting to go away does any one know what it is

^ yup, post your water parameters so you can see how your cycle is going. What are you using to cycle the tank? Sorry can't help your slimy white problem...

The white stuff is lines in the tank from when you filled it. I had the same with mine. It is like the salt etches the glass. No biggie. Just scrape it off and you should be good

I wonder what good means? Did they write it down and give the results to you? Or just tell you they were good and sold you a fish? I highly recommend buying your own liquid test kits so you can understand your own water - after all it is the most important part of keeping your salt tank. Are you making your own water or buying it? Do you have a refractometer (or a more unpopular hydrometer) for measuring salinity?

Back
Top Bottom