Help with all this bottles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gthirty7s

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hey guys just bought a live rock
and a rock with some corals on it.
and i been told to buy all this bottles
my question is how do i use it properly
the directions dont really help on the bottle

I am sorry to say you don't need any of those bottles, can you test for all those things? If you do, what are your readings? I always believed that only super heavy stocked reefs need supplements - just keeping up your weekly water changes will replenish all the nutrients you need. What kind is you new coral? What other corals do you keep?

+2 agree with both..... unless you have some sort of cheapo salt mix that has no nutritional value except salt in it.

I am sorry to say you don't need any of those bottles, can you test for all those things? If you do, what are your readings? I always believed that only super heavy stocked reefs need supplements - just keeping up your weekly water changes will replenish all the nutrients you need. What kind is you new coral? What other corals do you keep?

I agree with Bectan01. Everything you need is in your salt mix.

+2 agree with both..... unless you have some sort of cheapo salt mix that has no nutritional value except salt in it.

The salt I'm using is instant ocean reef crystal salt
Good salt?

that sort of salt should be fine... majority of people use it and has good nutritional value.

have you setup the tank yet?

This is what it looks like so far

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    221.2 KB · Views: 116
ok nice!!! do you have a test kit? can you test for cal, mag and alk to see if the parameters are fine?
i forgot to buy the test kit stupid me.
can you direct me which test kit to buy?

Being a reef salt you will not need anything in those bottles I a. Very Long time .
Focus on the main ones first .
1) you will need to cycle the tank before adding any live stock for this you only need to test salinity or SG 1.025 for reefs
Ammonia , nitrite and nitrates
After that you can test for ph , phosphates , cal KH ect but all that stuff is already in the salt mix .

Yes, they look fine. They are zoanthids, and assorted mushrooms. Reef Crystals is a fine salt to use. You won't need the bottles of stuff.

Yes, they look fine. They are zoanthids, and assorted mushrooms. Reef Crystals is a fine salt to use. You won't need the bottles of stuff.

They need 10 hours of light a day?

Not necessarily. They need a certain amount of light for a certain amount of time. A lot depends on your lighting. What fixtures do you have over the tank?

Not necessarily. They need a certain amount of light for a certain amount of time. A lot depends on your lighting. What fixtures do you have over the tank?

Gthirty7s , if I was you I would listen to anything Mr. X has to say.. I have a small hunch that he is the God of the ocean with as much knowledge that he has! Lol

I got the regular light that comes
With the innovative marine nuvo 16G

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    221.2 KB · Views: 69
That should be fine for your present corals. You have moderate lighting, so whatever corals you buy, make sure they have low to moderate light requirements.

what do you guys think i should get a powerhead?
or should i get innovative marine spin stream?

and which test kit should i get to make sure my water is good?

Back
Top Bottom