Help with an already established tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amanda

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello ! I am very new at this hobby and l am running into some difficultys.
I purchased an already established tank, because the owners of it moved and the new ones did not want it so they did not care for it for about 6 mths, so l am told. When l first got it l attempted to save the fish after the stress full move but they all ended up passing away. I was very upset. I am attempting to keep the coral or live rock in good condition. I have the salt balanced. The h is at 8.8. And l can not get the amonia down is stays at .50. I am not understanding what else to do here. l have been doing weekly water changes. l have used tetra safe to balance the aquarium for the first week. Then when the ammonia wouldnt go down l added amio gone. also l have had 2 bacterial blooms and l am just trying to let it cycle itself. It has been two mths and l m still not any closer. I leave the lights out most of the time. I noticed know after the last change and amio treatment l have these bubbles at the base of the glass and there is a brownish looking hair alge. Also when l went to clean there is a white film coming up the tube. Please help me. Thankyou Amanda

Last edited by a moderator:
I would check out our article on cycling. Need to find out what`s causing the ammonia to stay there. Not using Tap water are you.

Back
Top Bottom