HELP!!!! WITH bicolor angelfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

memoal23

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I purchased a bicolor angelfish 9 days ago from my lfs and he won't eat a dam thing, I tried everything any thoughts or experiences? It's a fairly new tank as well, parameters are at point it's Ben running for about 2 months,
90 pds live sand 150 pds live rock, and the angel did eat when I purchased him

It sounds like he's stressed by the newness. Especially since it isn't a very old tank. If he doesn't want to eat, you can't really make him eat. Did you try live food?

He is very shy, but swimming around very normal when lights are on, and hides behind the rocks when someone gets near the tank

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Stay by the tank for awhile and see if he comes out. I would do this prior to feeding. If a fish hides when you come near the tank, you can't even be sure if the opportunity to eat even comes around for it. I have a marine betta that I didn't see for months. Thought it was dead. Then one day, comes out when I fed the tank. Obviously it was eating while not in plain sight and while hiding in the rocks. So there is a chance this is occurring as well.

Live only blood worms, Wich he was use to al lfs

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
If I'm reading you correctly, you are saying all you saw him eat was live blood worms, and that's all he'll eat now? If so, you may never get him to eat anything but this. The reality may be that it will never eat prepared foods and you will only be able to keep him if he's fed live foods.
He may eat prepared eventually though. There's really nothing you can do except hope that he follows the other fish and eats what they are eating.

Back
Top Bottom