Help With Clean Up Crew Please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CleverBs

Aquarium Advice Addict
My 25gallon reef tank just finished cycling yesturday and I am wondering 2 things how long I should wait to get my CUC and what should I get for my CUC? I have put together a list that I think is ok but please give me feedback on the number of each invert because IDK if I have to much or to little of one type or another.

Peppermint shrimp x 3
Dwarf Cerith x 24
Florida Cerith x 8
Nassarius x 7
Emerald Crab x 1
Nerite Snail x 5
Dwarf Planaxis x 5
Hermit Crabs x 6

Tell me if I need more or less of anything please. I want to cover everything thats needed to clean my tank in one order so I dont have to pay so much in shipping

Well any thoughts guys? I want to get them from reefcleaners, this list is their 25gallon pack + a few extra things

you don't need 7 nassarius in a 25 gallon tank. you'll need to add food just for them. you need enough food for each creature. do you think you can accommodate them?

Those are part of the 25gallon CUC pack on reefcleaners so I have no idea if I can thats why im asking on here before buying them. I have no clue how much what eats and what shares food with what.

What you have on your list is actually more than I have in my 55 gallon tank. A lot of it has to do with how well you take care of your tank the more you change water and take care of it the smaller clean up crew you have to have.

5 hermits, 2 nassarius (for the underground), 2 peppermints, and 3 other snails. That's about all I'd put in a new tank that small right now. Other's mileage my vary, but that'd be my gut feeling on your tank at this stage. And that's assuming 20+ lbs of lr. The recommended list you see is one for a well established tank after months later.

Those are part of the 25gallon CUC pack on reefcleaners so I have no idea if I can thats why im asking on here before buying them. I have no clue how much what eats and what shares food with what.
i wasn't jumping on you...i was just asking that question to make you think a bit about the amount of food present in your new tank. if i sounded harsh i apologize.

Currently in my 36 gal I have 10 margarita snails and 2 hermit crabs for a CUC. They are currently playing catch up on a mess I accidently made when I left my lights on while at work. They are taking care of it...that being said, that means I have to much and once it is all squared away I will either have to feed them or see if my LFS would like some margarita snails for trade...

Another thing about reefcleaners they always add extra for die off during shipping which I have never had happen. I have some extras in my sump that I need to give away yet.

I wouldn't add the nass snails for a few months and let ir tank get a bit more mature. They will eat everything they can and will run out of food I'd put in a new tank.

Also u aT ur tank is only 25g. I wouldnt add 24 of anything right off the bat. Beat thing to do is to add them in small groups slowly

Sorry bout the misspelled words my phone has this stupid auto spell

Back
Top Bottom