Help with cycling new tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi again, Still having problems but turns out its not the filter its my skimmer filling the tank with micro bubbles. I bought a juwel skimmer with the tank, there is a vent at the bottom which is doing it and the lid doesn't stay on the top either, I'm gonna speak to the shop tomorrow but just thought is try and get some advice here first, thanks a lot

You don't have to use a skimmer to tell ya the truth
I don't have one and mines been fine since I started it

Rich440 said:
You don't have to use a skimmer to tell ya the truth
I don't have one and mines been fine since I started it

New skimmers have a " break in " period of 1-2weeks where it will produce microbubbles every skimmer ive ownex does this it will stop after couple weeks it will also do it after a good cleaning

Thanks for that I'm hoping it is just because its new but by the sounds of it a lot of people have problems with bubbles from this skimmer, do micro bubbles affect the in the tank? Just wondering whether I should wait for this problem to sort itself out our whether putting a shrimp or fish in would help the process? Thanks

Samba said:
Thanks for that I'm hoping it is just because its new but by the sounds of it a lot of people have problems with bubbles from this skimmer, do micro bubbles affect the in the tank? Just wondering whether I should wait for this problem to sort itself out our whether putting a shrimp or fish in would help the process? Thanks

Sorry ment to say affect the fish in the tank

Back
Top Bottom