Help with damsels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

c0mf0rt

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok so yeah I was in a hurry to get fish into my tank and I picked up some cheap damsels a while back..... the thing is, I would now like to take 'em back to the pet shop... they're small little suckers at about 1 1/2" to 2".... I've only got two and I REALLY don't want to rip apart my aquascaping to get 'em out......... any advice on catching these suckers?????

I used the divider method in my nano. Took a little time, but was fun.
I moved the LR to one side, he eventually moved over, slid the divider down and whamo, got'em.

that's the thing... I REALLY don't want to tear apart my rock........ I'll try the baiting... I'm open to any other suggestions........

well I got the blue one out... but the humbug is killing me........ I want to get things like firefish but I'm afraid the humbug will bully them.........

Another reason not to use Damsels for cycling. :wink:

I did try something different when I used the dividers. I tied a piece of white thread onto a #20 hook and jigged it in the tank, like a shrimp to attract him away from the LR, so I could move the dividers. He tried to eat the fly, but w/o a barb on the hook no biggie. eventually cornered him and scooped him up.

I've used fishing equip to get jewelry out of drains, get a parrot out of a tree, get a hamster out from under a cabinet (this one was the most fun), and a few others that are just too weird for the public ears.

Good Luck

I didnt' really use them to cycle.... I just wanted fish fast and the damsels were cheap and hardy.... now I'm wanting to add things like a fire fish and I'm worried the humbug will stress him out........

Damsels do have quite an attitude, serius case of " Little Man's Disease".

Dominos especially.

Back
Top Bottom