Help with filtration

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stephen76

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi guys my names Steve and i am another one entering the big bad world of marine Aquaria,so obviously i ahve a few questions.I have read this site for a few weeks now along with a few others and most of my questions have been answered witch is great but i have one that i cannot find a solution too so here goes
I ahve a 6 foot large (700)liter and have a sump already set up for the cichlids it used to house .I am wondering if i should keep the bio balls and put a skimmer in the first section of the filter so the water is skimmed then goes over the wet dry or just have the skimmer in there in its own?
Any replies would be greatly appreciated
Also any recocmendations on skimmer brands???

Welcome to Aquarium Advice, or AA as we call it, Stephen.

I'm not too much help with where to put bioballs, but I believe that they work best when water falls onto them, hence "wet/dry". so, if you set your skimmer to empty with a spray bar, or drip plate or something, you are in the good. I plan to have my return fill my skimmer intake and then to skim it as it comes out of the tank.

Skimmer brands: ETSS, Precision Marine, AquaC are supposedly creme de la creme. I'm 700 L is roughly 180 U.S. Gallons, so I don't think you could go wrong with a good AquaC in-sump skimmer, if you can swallow the cost. All good skimmers are not cheap. We'll see what the rest of the community has to say.

Once again, welcome to AA!! I'm still a newbie, but everyone here is so helpful!! Good luck to ya! :BIG:

Back
Top Bottom