help with fire shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oceanjunkie

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi everyone I'm new to the hobby I've had my tank for a 2 months now and everything seams to be going great. I have a 75gal with a wet sump and protein skimmer not sure on everything I'm new to it all. I have a t5 light fixture with two white and two blue bulbs. I bought the tank from a friend and it was up and running so we broke it down and moved it within 2 hours with the help of a professional. Here's the question I bought a fire shrimp 4 days ago is doing fine but my anthias has been hanging around the shrimp a lot. The anthias has been very active until I added the shrimp is this normal are should I be worried? I do a 10% water change ever other week all my water test have came out normal.

oceanjunkie said:
Hi everyone I'm new to the hobby I've had my tank for a 2 months now and everything seams to be going great. I have a 75gal with a wet sump and protein skimmer not sure on everything I'm new to it all. I have a t5 light fixture with two white and two blue bulbs. I bought the tank from a friend and it was up and running so we broke it down and moved it within 2 hours with the help of a professional. Here's the question I bought a fire shrimp 4 days ago is doing fine but my anthias has been hanging around the shrimp a lot. The anthias has been very active until I added the shrimp is this normal are should I be worried? I do a 10% water change ever other week all my water test have came out normal.

When you say "hanging around" do you mean staying by him or messing with him?
Fire shrimp are also known as scarlet cleaner shrimp and will clean your fish off if the fish lets him, maybe the Anthia feels dirty! Haha
But I would do more water changes, either bigger ones biweekly or at least 10% weekly

Ok thanks, it will come out ever once in a while then goes right back to him maybe there a long lost buddies!!

oceanjunkie said:
Ok thanks, it will come out ever once in a while then goes right back to him maybe there a long lost buddies!!

Haha yeah! From the big blue! Does it look like the anthias messing with him?

No just lays right next to the shrimp. When I first put the shrimp in the tank the anthias went right to him I thought he just wanted to be cleaned. The anthias used to be very active now he just wants to be right next to the shrimp.

oceanjunkie said:
No just lays right next to the shrimp. When I first put the shrimp in the tank the anthias went right to him I thought he just wanted to be cleaned. The anthias used to be very active now he just wants to be right next to the shrimp.

That's crazy, have you seen the shrimp cleaning him?

Just at first now he just hangs out with him!! Weird its been going on for 4 days!!

oceanjunkie said:
Just at first now he just hangs out with him!! Weird its been going on for 4 days!!

Sounds pretty cool, post a pic if you can

Back
Top Bottom