Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-25-2013, 10:54 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

help with led lighting

I have 3 16" Euphotica Full Spectrum dimmable leds being used on a 125 gallon 6' reef tank (this is a new setup).Each unit has 55 leds, 8k to 20k color temp, consisting of 8ww leds,6 natural w,6 cool w,20 blue 4 voilet,2 green 2 red, 90 degree optics. Question : Is there a way to put a programable timer on the blue lights and the white and other lights ( they are on seperate lines) to mimic acual sunrise to sunset with grandual dimming to accomplish this. All advice would be appreciated . I want to do this right. Thanks

Old 08-26-2013, 02:55 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Activist

Easy way is each plug can get a timer. I have blues on one and whites and colors on another. I do an hour before for the blues and 45 minutes post whites at the end.

Old 08-26-2013, 09:58 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Thanks for the info. Just wondering how long do you keep the lights completely off. When they do come on do you run them at full intensity or somewhere in between. thank you
Old 08-26-2013, 11:23 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Activist

I go with about 14 with about 10 to 11 on. My corals are growing, but no super growth.
Old 08-26-2013, 11:32 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to mr_X
It doesn't matter at all to fish or corals. you can turn them on in the morning before work and turn them off after dinner, or put them on timers, which is what most people do. Ramping them up and down slowly doesn't matter. It's all for human enjoyment. Corals are much light plants in that they need a certain amount of light for a certain amount of time and that's it.
Old 08-28-2013, 10:40 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Newbie

led lights

Thanks for the advice folks.I will put that into practice and get the proper timers. Getting the lighting equipment now and next will be the filter system. Will ask opinions then and look forward to the friendly advice and opinions here thanks again.

Tags
led, led lighting, light, lighting

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com