Help with my sea horse tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hartsafire

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I wrote had a mandarin, I sold all my livestock before I moved to florida. I now live by the sea. and its great :) I am in the process of setting up a DSH tank. I found a 10 gal half moon glass tank and going to use a reg 10 gal sump with fuge. I will be using live sand and dry rock.. tank is not drilled so will use a reverse flow pump to pull the water down and a return pump. I tried gravity feed before and its worrysome when you lose power. I had dwarves before I moved and really enjoyed them. They ate new hatched BBS and frozen cyclops. I read others inputs as well. I am trying to figure out how to make my tank hydroid free without the use of panacur which limits what can thrive in the tank . any suggestions would be appreciated. I want to know how to clean live plants of unwanted pests before acclimating to the tank as well. I tried the fresh water dip on a few the plants did not like it and fell apart. I do have a bottle of formalin.

Back
Top Bottom