Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-30-2011, 05:27 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice Freak

Well after another pwc I believe my ammonia level is at either 2 or 4 ppm, the color is kind of hard to tell.

For now I have inserted the filter media I received from the LFS as well, and now I am planning on waiting and testing ammonia each day, and redosing to 3-5 ppm whenever the levels fall to 1 ppm.

If there is anything else of importance I should know I would greatly appreciate it, also thank you Carey for all your help and patience

Old 05-30-2011, 07:43 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

You've got it. Good luck. Let us know how you do.

Old 05-30-2011, 11:10 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice Freak

Thanks I'm currently looking into what type of fish and such I want, I realize I should have done this prior to setting up to find the right equipment but I hope I won't run into problems.

I was hoping to get some shrimp (Definitely) and a goby of some type, but I also wanted some soft coral because of their beauty and the LFS worker said they were not too hard to take care of in terms of lighting needs.

Could someone possibly link me to some saltwater fish I would appreciate it
Old 05-31-2011, 02:22 AM   #24
Aquarium Advice Freak

Good Online Fish Store?
Can somebody point me to a reputable online dealer to purchase fish and coral from? Currently I am looking at bluezooaquatics.com but they seem to be a bit pricey, thanks for any help
Old 05-31-2011, 10:33 AM   #25
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

You can try liveaquaria.com or aquacon.com I think it is. Where do you live btw? Some sites have cheaper shippping for in state residents.
Old 06-02-2011, 02:06 AM   #26
Aquarium Advice Freak

Thank you , I am moving along quite well but I have questions about equipment now :T,

I am currently looking to get a RO unit because I heard stories of elements inside of tap water that would eventually build up. The thing is, I have this supposed Filter Water Ionizer at home and I was wondering if someone knew if this thing was a RO/DI unit I could use. :T or is it obviously counter productive because it is a ionizer. The modal is a Coway CPE-06ALW/B

The reason I am asking about the unit is because I have been informed that I will eventually need a sump that is going to increase the cost of setting up my tank :T , and I am trying to cut costs. Will it be okay to buy a used sump/protein skimmer/ RO/DI unit? I believe I need to get a sump/protein skimmer prior to adding any fish or very soon after, but there are many more things I need to look for such as a quarantine tank as well.

If anybody can help me in regards to the model I listed and if it is usable, and also the question regarding using a used sump/skimmer/RO/DI unit I would greatly appreciate it.

On a brighter note it appears I have nitrites and nitrates present within my tank :T
Old 06-02-2011, 02:46 AM   #27
Aquarium Advice Freak

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis View Post

On a brighter note it appears I have nitrites and nitrates present within my tank :T
Keep up the good work
I know nothing of RO units. I actually had to google it to find our what you meant haha.
Old 06-02-2011, 03:33 AM   #28
Aquarium Advice Addict

I just found a place that's called South Sea Aquatics, I think. They had fairly good prices and free shipping... I don't know what their rep is, but I'd check them out.

www.southseasaquatics.com
Old 06-02-2011, 09:53 AM   #29
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I picked up a 75 gpd unit from ebay for 59$.
Its portable so I can just take it out when I need water.

Tags
setting up, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com