Help with Snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr.5150

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey,
I have these snails i think they are Astraea snails. Anyway they are light in color have little eyes and tentacles in front as well as purple algae all over their shells. Ever since i got them i started seeing some little grey pellets on my sand...no their all over the place. I am guessing that the snails are leaving these behind because i see them on my glass as well right by the snails on the glass. Is this normal? will the other snails like nassa snails clean this up? The astraea snails i have right now are not cleaning much up and i think they are too slow and are causing more pollution than they are cleaning. Can anyone tell me what they think...THANKS!!!

Is this normal?

Well...following the "what goes in must come out" theory...yep it's pretty normal ;)

causing more pollution than they are cleaning

Again, following the "what goes in must come out" theory...it's not likely they are pooping more than they are eating.

Copepods, amphipods, worms of all types other snails etc...all the different parts of a clean up crew will help you remove these ;)

Back
Top Bottom