Helping a friend set up a 12 gal tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BelleMorte

Aquarium Advice Activist
I need some stocking ideas for a 12 gal tank. Must be reef safe as she wants corals eventually.

Gobies would work. :) I like the clown gobies myself. lol

Or maybe a goby and pistol shrimp pair? They are very cool to watch. :) There might be some small blennies but she will be kinda limited as to how much fish she can add. 12g isn't very much space.

I had a 4g pico with a yellow clown goby and lots and lots of coral so a small tank can be done, just alot of work the smaller the tank so be prepared. lol

Cool thanks Carey. I was off on the tank size it is 15 gallons still small. I told her she would have two fish maybe

I would concentrate more on the coral and inverts if it were my tank. She can get a couple shrimp and some crabs, I have emerald crabs and they are really neat to watch. They do a little dance sometimes up against the front glass, it's hysterical. lol

Have you had her check this link for ideas? Check out the nanosection, it's pretty good and tells you alot of information about the fish as well.

Nano Fish

Back
Top Bottom