Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-02-2009, 12:51 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak

no it was connected to 2 55 gallon containers idk why but it was i just wanna kno how hook up this sump

Old 07-02-2009, 12:56 AM   #12
AA Team Emeritus

I think a picture of the setup under the stand would be worth a thousand words. It sounds like the skimmer is separately contained, which could be "iffy" regarding intake/return leveling. I would purchase a single sump (acrylic is easier to manipulate imo) instead of hassling with a double sump. You can set up the XP3 until you figure out what you want to do. Seriously though, why don't you have your dad help you set it up at least?

Innovator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 01:04 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak

Talking

he isnt my dad he is my friends dad and he is a lazy guy he dont help me told him like 100 times but i dont want to those big old barrels in my house i need to make the sump work
Old 07-02-2009, 11:37 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

Okay, my question still stands, where is the skimmer located. The main work is done, you have to watch the ammonia and nitrite readings for the first week to make sure you don't start a new cycle. What type of skimmer do you have?
Old 07-02-2009, 02:13 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

Is your tank reef ready? By that is mean does it have holes drilled into the tank or does it have overflow boxes. You do have the sump or do you have to buy one? How many fishes are there in the tank now? If you have fishes, don't feed them very much so you don't over pollute the water until all is up and running.
Old 07-02-2009, 09:33 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Freak

I have the sump but the tank is not reef ready there are 3 fish a damsel not sure what the other to are i went to the lfs they have a beautiful SW tank he told me he will ask his manger if there is another way i can put in this sump with out it being reef ready and the protien skimmer is on directly conected to my tank
Old 07-02-2009, 11:23 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

Okay, just relax and take things slow. You got all the hard work done. It's great that the LFS is helping you. Let them help you, but do check back with us to double check things. LFS's are a great resource, but they can be behind the times in this fast changing hobby. Make a list of the important things that you want to do. Then prioritize (sp) the list as best as you can. This will break down the hugh task into smaller chores that are a lot easier to handle. Do not feed the fish every day. Feed them everyother day and very little until you get the sump installed.
Old 07-03-2009, 12:09 AM   #18
Aquarium Advice Addict

Here's anothe link:Xtalreef
Old 07-03-2009, 07:55 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Freak

Old 07-03-2009, 07:57 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Freak

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com