Hermit crab babies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dyl1234

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok I have newly hatched hermit crabs that I just woke up to. I have like 4 hermit crabs in a little tiny 1.5 gallon in my bed room. They were born in that. Does anyone know how to raise them? I have very very tiny shells for them already.

I would believe the same way you take care of bigger ones. I'm no expert though.

I take it you don't have fish in there? If you do they might be dinner! If not your doing good by providing them shelter. As for feeding, they scavenge even at that young age

I take it you don't have fish in there? If you do they might be dinner! If not your doing good by providing them shelter. As for feeding, they scavenge even at that young age

Great info! No fish in the tank. And they are really tiny. They are going towards the top. And I am crushing up tiny flakes for them.

Try shrimp or something real? If you don't have anything, you prob have a can of tuna ( in water not OIL) use that, fish love it too!

Try shrimp or something real? If you don't have anything, you prob have a can of tuna ( in water not OIL) use that, fish love it too!

What? Are you saying to feed my fish tuna? I don't think I want to put that stinking stuff in my tank lol.....

Tuna is actually very good and nutritious and wont rot as fast, down side is its a little expensive

Back
Top Bottom