Hermit crabs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oceanlover10

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have very small hermit crabs as my clean up crew. Was wondering if they would harm any corals i decided to get

They should be fine with just about any corals. Most folks keep some hermits in their reef tanks.

thanks. Any suggestions for my first corals and how to attach them to my large rock without taking it out

oceanlover10 said:
thanks. Any suggestions for my first corals and how to attach them to my large rock without taking it out

What kind of lighting are you using and for attaching it kinda depends on the type of coral but I use coral glue for most of mine

To make recommendations on what corals you should get, folks will want to know:

Tank Size
Water Parameters (NH4, NO2, NO3, Temp, SG, pH, etc etc)
How long the tank has been running
Planned fish stock
Type of lighting (wattage, type, etc)
Type of filtration & flow

If you are going to glue them, wait till you know they like where they are going to be placed. Once you glue, they have the stay put. I've had to move ricordia, shrooms, frogspawn, and gsp. Just my opinion. Better to make sure they are happy first then glue and have something perish from placement problems.

Rosesrblu1 said:
If you are going to glue them, wait till you know they like where they are going to be placed. Once you glue, they have the stay put. I've had to move ricordia, shrooms, frogspawn, and gsp. Just my opinion. Better to make sure they are happy first then glue and have something perish from placement problems.

+1 my corals always get a week of two of just sitting in there new placement to make sure they are happy just check on them frequently to make sure they haven't been moved around by your cuc

You can but I just set mine in place a lot of times

Back
Top Bottom