Hermits

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

woots1

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I was just wondering what type of hermit crabs that people prefer in their tanks. I have had blue leg hermits and I'm not too much of a fan (they were a bit aggressive). What other crabs do people prefer?

I have this white one, nothing I have ever seen before at all. An I love it. It has solid white legs with tan banding an blue eye stalks/feelers. It does have hairy legs but it has been a model citizen, even standing up to my big blue leg. So I presume it's safe for corals. I named it Casper as through all my research on hermit hitch hikers, only a few pics have matched him an was never named

That's pretty cool then if he is safe with the other organisms!

Yup, never once touched any of my fleshy or sps coral, bam bye running over my gsp hear an there. He's the bomb though, I prefer him over my big blue leg haha

I like blue legged hermits. Never had issues with them besides the normal hermit behavior, murdering snails for shells even though there are tons of them around.

My blue legs off each other all the time despite the fact that there are other shells for them to inhabit. I like my scarlet red hermit but he knocks corals over a lot. Unless you glue things down hermits can be a bit of a bulldozer in a sense.

Yeah the blues I have had in the past have been mean to each other and snails. I was thinking of getting some scarlets though. Most of my corals are either glued down or grown to the rocks so they shouldn't tumble over anything

Back
Top Bottom