HEY I SET UP 90 GAL HELP?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hotskate

Aquarium Advice Freak
I HAVE A HYDROMETER THE DEEP SIX

Saltwater Master Liquid Test Kit

OCEANIC SUMP 2 I ADDED 2 FILTER PADS SHOULD I AD A BAGG OF CARBON??? I HAVE LIVE SAND AND LIL LIVE ROCK

I JUST SET IT UP AND WHEN I TES THE HYDROMETER ITS DIFFERENT IN ALL DIFFERENT PLACES IN THE TANK OH AND I SET MY HEATER AT 76 ;)

AM I DOIGN OKAY?

IM GOIGN TO GET A SKIMMER IN LIKE A MONTH

THANKS PLEA HELP

your on the track with testing and such. you can raise your temp just a little, ive always had mine 78-80, im sure some people will say differently. is the tank gunna be reef or fowlr? i would add the carbon during the cycle. this will help remove some docs and such if more lr is added.

Im doing mostly live rock and fish not really a reef im gonna do what ever i can with the reg lighting i have a triple

so some inverts i herd i can get away with

im gonna wait untill tongiht to get the reading of my salt/ gravity bc it has to all go throguh the sump and what not right and its still cloudy

your salinity or gravity changes depending on your water temp. you need to keep it within 78-84 and take a reading then. Those plastic crap hydrometers arent reliable. Invest in a good refractometer.

Those plastic crap hydrometers arent reliable. Invest in a good refractometer.

For the money they work fine. Its not fair to compair a $100+ refractometer to a sub $10 float hydrometer. Unless the hydrometer is like .05 off they surve the purpose for us hobbists just well enough.

One thing to note on the float arm hydromoters is to tap them when they are in the water to make sure no air bubbles are attached to the float arm. A single airbubble can cause a false reading. Your tanks temperature should not fluxuate thru out the tank. if one part of the tank is warmer/colder than the other than you need to work on your water flow and maybe add another heater. For a FOWLR tank shoot for a SG of 1.020 but anything between 1.018-1.025 will be fine unless you add inverts then it will be important to keep up around 1.022-1.025.

I like to run my tanks at 82F.

Having tested my refractometer against 3 Seatest hydrometers and 2 Deep Six hydrometers, I found that the hydrometers were within .001 of the refractometer every time. This is not to say that each and every one is that accurate, but I would trust one of them out of the box with no problem. You can always test your hydrometer with water that has a known salinity if you have doubts about its accuracy. JMHO.

WELL I ORDERED 36 LBS OF CARIBAN ROCK FORM LIVE AQUAIRA IM ORDERING THE LIVEROCKS.COM 40 LBS ON THURSDAY I GUESS ITS WHAT FLORIDA REEF?

AS FOR THE SALT THINGY I HAD TO ADD MORE SALT SO I TOOK LIKE 8 GAL OUT OF THE TANK AND MIXED ANOTHER 8 GAL WITH MORE SALT IN IT AND PUT IT IN WE WILL SEE THE SALINITY TOM 8)

Back
Top Bottom