Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 08-27-2012, 09:09 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
 
murrayk123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by huma-huma
Did you consistantly test amm,trites and trates during cycling
i just took the water to lfs bout once a week
__________________

__________________
murrayk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:11 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
 
murrayk123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by uh.oh...
How much are you feeding? And what kind of filtration do you have?
I have aqua clear 50 biological filter and 1/8th of a cube daily
__________________

__________________
murrayk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 10:05 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
huma-huma's Avatar

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: washington Pa
Posts: 5,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by murrayk123

i just took the water to lfs bout once a week
Usually whike cycling you need to test daily to get a good grasp on exactly where youre at in the process. Being as to how you really only have one source of bioload, the fact that youre BB isnt converting the ammonia leads me to believe either 1) you never truly went through the cycle process or 2) youre unintentionally doing something thats wiping out the BB
__________________
my 125g Sw...Round 2!http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...220171-33.html
ever see someone cut a 125g in half??
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...-286438-4.html
huma-huma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 10:16 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
 
murrayk123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by huma-huma

Usually whike cycling you need to test daily to get a good grasp on exactly where youre at in the process. Being as to how you really only have one source of bioload, the fact that youre BB isnt converting the ammonia leads me to believe either 1) you never truly went through the cycle process or 2) youre unintentionally doing something thats wiping out the BB
What would u suggest?
__________________
murrayk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 10:21 PM   #15
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin
 
Sniperhank's Avatar



POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Summerville, Pennsylvania
Posts: 18,539
Get an API mater test kit and throw an uncooked shrimp in your tank. See what happens.
Sniperhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 10:27 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
 
murrayk123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperhank
Get an API mater test kit and throw an uncooked shrimp in your tank. See what happens.
I have the test kit. Just put one raw shripm in there? For how long, and wont the crabs and coral shrimp eat it?
__________________
murrayk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 10:28 PM   #17
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin
 
Sniperhank's Avatar



POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Summerville, Pennsylvania
Posts: 18,539
Yes, they will. But there isn't a problem there. They'll be full and it'll provide an ammonia source to see what is going on in there.
Sniperhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 10:34 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
 
murrayk123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperhank
Yes, they will. But there isn't a problem there. They'll be full and it'll provide an ammonia source to see what is going on in there.
how long after the shrimp goes in should i test the water?
__________________
murrayk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 10:35 PM   #19
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin
 
Sniperhank's Avatar



POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Summerville, Pennsylvania
Posts: 18,539
I'd run daily tests. If ammonia is high and things aren't being converted quickly, you'll have to do water changes to keep the ammonia and nitrites from killing what you have in the tank.
Sniperhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 10:53 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
 
murrayk123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperhank
I'd run daily tests. If ammonia is high and things aren't being converted quickly, you'll have to do water changes to keep the ammonia and nitrites from killing what you have in the tank.
Thanks, ill try that and see what happens
__________________

__________________
murrayk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.